Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bee v Wasp

The house I've lived in for the last two or three years is fairly old, and made of wood. When I moved in I decided not to use any commercial chemicals in the "garden" as we have a well and septic tank that apparently works as some form of mini eco-system (I haven't worked it out yet). I stuck to my rule, except in the case of the many wasp nests that constantly crop up under the eaves. As far as I know there haven't been any bees, but having said that, I might not even be able to tell the difference in America. Perhaps they're hornets - I don't really know what a hornet is. I'll look into it.

I once wrote a story about a man who transforms into a crippled wasp after his colleague smashed the wasp with a newspaper.

I think the dream agents were definitely bees and not wasps though. I have no idea why, but I was certain at the time, and I'm certain now.

No comments: